Posting was nonexistent last week, but I have a good excuse. Savannah does not have wi-fi. Don’t waste your time looking it up, just go with me here.
What Savannah DOES have is an abundance of great food and drink. Here are five things I tried and loved on my latest “work” trip.
1. Key Lime Pie Martini: I had this while eating at Vic’s On the River. I’m not a big martini drinker but a co-worker gave me a sip of hers and BAM. It tasted just like a Key Lime Pie. It even had graham cracker on the rim! I was smart enough not to ask for the recipe, otherwise I’d be drunk for eternity.
2. Crawfish Beignets: These were also from Vic’s. They were BEIGNETS full of crawfish. I only had one since I’m dieting and all, but it was worth every step I’ll have to take on the treadmill this week.
3. Kale Salad with Salmon: This was my favorite lunch. We’ve eaten at B. Matthew’s several times but this was the first time trying the salad and it was DELICIOUS!
4. Seersucker: I had this drink at The Olde Pink House. It’s made with Skinny Firefly Sweet Tea vodka, and it tasted just like sweet tea. This one I did try and recreate at home, but I couldn’t quite make it work. Oh well, I’ll just have to keep at it.
5. Fleece-lined leggings: It was freezing in Savannah and I only brought a light coat. I found a cute boutique on River Street and bought leggings with FLEECE on the inside. Heaven! They were inexpensive and came in a variety of colors. I chose black of course. Who am I, Tania-the-Mad?
Work on the road is tough but I suffer through it.