I was thinking about how often I complain, and how often it’s about really stupid stuff, and that maybe today’s Joy Journal could be about perspective. So here goes –
51. It’s freezing outside. I’m thankful I have heat.
52. I’ve gained weight. I’m thankful I have food.
53. I hate doing laundry. I’m thankful I have so many clothes.
54. These politicians are terrible. I’m thankful I have the right to vote.
55. I look old. I’m thankful I’m alive.
56. I can’t sing at all. I’m thankful I can hear.
57. My lawn looks awful. I’m thankful to have so much space.
58. I keep losing at Words with Friends. I’m thankful I have so much free time.
59. I don’t have a whole lot of money. I’m thankful I have enough money.
60. I know longer have TiVo. I’m thankful that even though I’m the most spoiled person in the world, the Lord still loves me.
What have YOU been complaining about lately? Is it possible that despite what’s going wrong in your life, and I’m sure that all of your complaints aren’t as trivial as mine, that there is something you can find to praise the Lord about?
Both riches and honor come from You, And You reign over all. In Your hand is power and might; In Your hand it is to make great And to give strength to all. “Now therefore, our God, We thank You And praise Your glorious name ..” … 1 Chron 29:12-13.