Occasionally, when not involved in a bible study or small group, I’ve gotten together with a couple of women for what’s called a Life Transformation Group. Basically we meet every week, chit-chat, perhaps give ourselves a chapter in the bible to read or a book to discuss and we ask each other accountability questions. The meeting can be done quickly over coffee, or you can take your time. Either way, it helps keep you on the narrow path when you know you’re going to have to answer to your friends. There are different versions of the questions, but the ones we used are below:
1. Have you been a testimony this week to the greatness of Jesus with both words and actions?
2. Have you been exposed to sexually alluring material or allowed your mind to entertain inappropriate sexual thoughts about another this week?
3. Have you been responsible with your finances or have you been consumed with wanting something that does not belong to you?
4. Have you been honoring, understanding, and generous in important relationships this week?
5. Have you damaged another person by your words, either behind their back or face-to-face?
6. Have you given into an addictive behavior this week? Explain.
7. Have you continued to remain angry toward another?
8. Have you secretly wished for another’s misfortune so that you might excel?
9. Have you spent daily time alone with God in prayer and in the Word this week?
10. Have you left anything hidden in answering these questions?
11. Your personal accountability question: