I went to an Estate Sale yesterday. On the way there, I decided that THIS time, under no circumstances would I buy anything I didn’t really, really need. For instance, I don’t need a couch. Or one of those things to hold firewood, since I have gas logs. I’m relieved to say that I was successful in my restraint. Here are the few things I lucked upon:
1. A blue mailbox. My old one is black, plastic and missing the door. All of my mail is getting wet. Price: $2.00
2. Spreaders. I don’t own ANY, so this was a definite NEED. Butter knives are for BUTTER. Price: $2.00
3. A game for the MoonPie. We’re trying to have more game nights than TV nights and this was only missing the timer. Price: $1.00
4. Adjustable pencil sharpener. Hello? Have you seen the list of supplies kids have to take to school? FOUR packs of pencils, SHARPENED! Nothing works better than the old-fashioned, metal kind. Price: $2.00
5. The Message Bible. I don’t have this version and everyone knows you NEED every bible you can get your hands on. Price: $1.00
6. Christmas Ornaments. VINTAGE Christmas ornaments, that are unusual. I don’t own anything like this, and thus, NEEDED them. Price: 4 for $2.00
7. An Ocean Drum by Remo. Here’s a picture and description from Amazon. It’s a DRUM and it sounds like the OCEAN. Amazon’s price – $86.00. My price $1.00!
How awesome is that?? It’s weird, but I didn’t even know I needed it until I saw it! I don’t have the mallet, but I don’t think it’s necessary. I can live without it. I don’t NEED everything to be happy. I’m capable of sacrifice.
I have to admit, I feel pretty good about myself. If you’d like me to come help YOU get rid of some unnecessary clutter, let me know. No need to be ashamed, not everyone has the self-control that I do.