1. I had a dream that I was running for Alderman. I was going door to door telling people how to pronounce my name. I remember thinking, “This could be the start of something BIG.”
2. The view from my sister’s front porch. Last time I visited her, there was a story on the front page of the newspaper about a man who died when a rock came crashing down the mountain and landed on his living-room. Where he was sitting, apparently.
3. Moon and I slept in my sister’s RV. It was a nice RV to be sure, but it occurred to me that I’ve visited Tania-the-Mad three times over the last ten years and I had yet to sleep INSIDE the house. She slept outside with us just to make it seem fair.
4. Since we were sleeping outside in a vehicle with tin walls, I didn’t mention #2 to MoonPie.
5. Tania-the-Mad took us on a tour of her town and then we went shopping because we needed a few thangs.
6. Luckily, they had a store full.
7. Bad News: Moon got sick our last night there and projectile vomited on Tania-the-Mad’s floor. Good News: I finally got to sleep in the house! Oh, and Moon is better.
8. My daughter was bought/given three pairs of shoes, a hat, a pair of gloves, a Justin Bieber watch, a t-shirt, a bracelet, a ring and ten dollars. There may be other things, I lost count.
9. I met a Secret Service agent who told me cool stories about his job. None of which I can repeat. OR can I? Check back often.
10. My sister, mom and friend Donna went shopping. Out of the back of a van that some woman parked on the side of the street.
11. Alaska Ashleigh rescued two baby birds and took them to raise. And by “raise”, I mean she showed us how to feed them and went out with her friends. Baby birds are bossy. So is Alaska Ashleigh.
12. I had a dream that I was dating Novak Djokovic. When I remembered that I was actually still married, I felt really bad. For Novak Djokovi. I thought, “He’s going to be really upset.”
11. Tania-the-Mad hosted us all for a Vintage Fashion Show weekend and it was awesome. Well, except for the projectile vomiting. Other than that spot on the couch, it all cleaned up nicely, so I’m sure we’ll be invited back soon. Outside, of course.